1. The property you are renting is privately owned and as such, a security and damage
authorization is required for all reservations. By signing the rental agreement, you are accepting
responsibility for any damages to the property and its contents incurred either by accident or
through negligence on the part of yourself or any guests occupying the property during the rental
agreement period. You further agree that the costs of any repairs or replacements to the said
property will be charged to the credit card number provided at the time of booking or as listed in
the reservation. Tenant can be held liable for damages in excess of their security authorization.
All properties are NON-SMOKING. Any evidence noted of smoking within the property will be
subject to an additional $250.00 cleaning fee.
2. You have been charged a cleaning fee as part of your reservation. These fees are based on the
size of the house and standard times to clean the property as determined by the cleaning
contractors. If the cleaning required exceeds what is considered normal, you will be billed
$35.00 per hour for the additional cleaning or at a rate that is appropriate for that home. If you
build a fire, please do not clean out the ashes. Hot ashes will be disposed of properly after
3. As part of your rental, an initial supply of essentials is provided. This includes the following:
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Dish soap and a sponge
- 4 dishwasher detergent tabs
- 4 laundry detergent pods and dryer sheets
- A variety of spices (cooking oils, condiments, etc. not guaranteed) – Temporarily not provided
due to COVID-19
If you find that you run out of basic supplies you will be expected to replenish for the remainder
of your stay. Also, firewood is generally NOT supplied, but is available at local markets.
4. Where telephones are provided, long distance services have been blocked. If you choose to
use the telephone for long distance calling, you will be required to use a calling card or personal
5. The rental rate is for a maximum number of occupants listed on your confirmation. Violations
or abuse of the unit will result in further rental funds being charged to your credit card on file.
Tenants are required to abide by all rules herein, posted in the premises and Homeowners
Association rules where applicable.
6. NO PETS ALLOWED except by previous arrangement with SELECT properties. A fine may
be assessed by some Homeowners Associations and your security authorization is subject to
charges for bringing unauthorized pets.
7. CHECK IN TIME IS 5:00PM. CHECK OUT TIME IS 10:00AM. IMPORTANT – If not
checked out by 10am, you may be subject to additional charges. If we are able to accommodate
it, you can typically do an early check in for an additional fee of $75.00 or a late check-out with
an additional fee of $75.00. Please call ahead to make arrangements no more than 48 hours in
8. During the winter months (November thru April) parking on the street is prohibited by local
agencies who impose strict fines for violations. If you are unable to gain access to your
driveway, please call our office during regular business hours and we will notify the plow
9. In the event the unit you have reserved is un-rentable, Tahoe Truckee Vacation Properties
Real Estate Services shall notify you as soon as possible and either give you a total refund,
change your rental dates or transfer you to a comparable unit if possible. Neither TAHOE
TRUCKEE VACATION PROPERTIES REAL ESTATE SERVICES nor the OWNER shall be
held responsible for conditions beyond our control.
10. Inconveniences under which we may have no immediate control and which DO NOT warrant
a refund of rental monies include: (1) breakdown of DVD/VCR’s, hot tubs, water or heat that is
not turned on, saunas and/or any other recreational appliances/devices, (2) power outages, (3)
adverse road and/or weather conditions, (4) construction taking place in the area, (5) a vacation
home that is not decorated and/or otherwise accommodated to suit the guest’s individual taste(s),
(6) loss of internet or cable.
11. Guest agrees that the credit card on file will be charged the balance due 30 days prior to
reservation start date. Any reservation not paid in full will be subject to deposit forfeiture.
12. FIRE BAN – Due to dry conditions in the Truckee/Tahoe area (and all across California!),
there is a current FIRE BAN in place. All wood and charcoal fires are prohibited due to fire
danger. If your vacation rental home comes with a charcoal bbq, please refrain from using it. Do
not have bonfires or any other wood fires even in a contained fire pit or interior wood burning
stove (interior wood burning fireplaces/stoves are permitted during winter months). Gas grills
and gas fireplaces are allowed.
This ban is being strongly enforced and citations are starting at a minimum of $2500. We thank
you for your understanding as we try to keep our beloved town safe!
13. Reservations must be canceled 30 days prior to reservation start date. If reservation is
canceled 30 days prior to start date deposit will be refunded, EXCEPTION – Christmas and New
Years weeks require cancellation by November 15th. The full amount is subject to forfeiture if
reservation is canceled less than 30 days prior to reservation start date.
14. The rental property may be located in an HOA community (i.e. Tahoe Donner, Northstar,
etc). The rules and regulations of the HOA will be provided in the property information binder
and posted throughout the house. Guests are responsible for reading and abiding by any posted or
provided rules and regulations. These rules often limit noise after 10pm, regulate parking, etc.
Should a rule or regulation be violated, the HOA may impose a fine that will be the
responsibility of the guest to pay.